First Degree Aspen Home StairMill
- Compact Footprint
- Low Ceiling height requirement
- Contact Heart Rate Monitor
- Low Impact on knees and lower back
- Tracks time, distance in floors, and speed in steps per min
What is it about our love to climb, whether stairs, hills or a mountain, that just keeps us hooked on it? Its important to know. The designers of the Aspen StairMill asked the same questions as they looked to create a device that emulated the best parts of climbing - how the body performs best naturally, how a mountain challenges us, how to build a green product so that insight could be designed into a world class indoor apparatus. The payback of climbing is extremely high so as we consider any exercise method, the ones with a high payback: climbing, rowing and cycling - should rise to the top of the list. It's no wonder elliptical and treadmills are all pointing up as lifting one's body weight with every step has greater benefits. But do these modified solutions really provide the best indoor alternative? No. Our Aspen StairMill delivers the most natural stepping motion, with varied resistance levels that emulate a mountain without occupying a mountain of space.
- Electromagnetic braking system (no motor) - It is simply the user's own energy in climbing steps that drives the Aspen StairMill. There is no electrical drive motor, which reduces power consumption to a mere 60 watts - the same as a medium intensity domestic light. Aspen's electronics precisely control an electromagnetic braking system, which regulates machine speed, matching the feed rate of steps per minute to the user's programmed requirement and personal energy input. Step lock system
- The Step Lock System - employs a photo-optic sensor that will automatically stop the unit if the user exceeds the lower limit of travel. The Step Lock also enables the user to stand still on the stairs while programming workout information in comfort.
- Computer control system - Select from an array of programs or set your own.Tracks time, distance in floors, speed in steps per minute
- Contact heart rate monitor
- Compact footprint - A mountain of a workout without the space requirement. The Aspen StairMill fits in small apartments, modest rooms, hallways, anywhere you feel convenient because it is significantly smaller than most - if not all - other stair climbing apparatus.
- Transit Wheels make movement easy.
- Ceiling height requirement - 2.4m (8?)
- Product size - L 1120mm (44") x W 660mm (26") x H 1730m (68")
- Product weight - 101kg (222lb)