Spirit MS350 Recumbent Stepper
The MS350 adjustable seat not only provides a customized fit, but is also removable for wheelchair access. Patients can experience full body exercise through coordinated, linear, and natural 1:1 leg and arm motion. Self-adjustable stroke length accommodates patients’ specific range of motion capabilities, providing low impact movement for knees, ankles, and hips in a safe semi-recumbent position.
Versatile for different training emphasis, the MS350’s unique quadrilateral exercise pattern allows users to selectively distribute different extent of exercise efforts across their four limbs. Limbs that input more force can efficiently lead less involved limbs to functional movements and maintain elevated heart rate. A low inertia starting at 5 watts translates to smoothness; the work rate can increase up to 750 watts, accompanied by different step speeds of the user’s choice.
- Multiple seat adjustments: 8 position swivel seat for ease of patient ingress and egress, 6 position recline seat back for hip angle adjustments, and fore/aft patient positioning
- Symmetry monitoring to measure bilateral power (example: Left 41 watts - Right 34 watts)
- Direct wheelchair access along with the step-through frame design allows for easy on and off
- Resistance mode Isokinetic for step speeds from 10 to 210 steps/minute
- Linked upper and lower body linear pattern
- Adjustable position handles with articulating hand grips
- Cushioned footplates with stabilization straps
- Adjustable step range from 1 inch to 12.5 inches MS350
- Heart rate monitoring via handheld and telemetry
ADVANTAGES AND CLINICAL APPLICATIONS
- COMBINED UPPER AND LOWER BODY movements provide a full-body workout, build strength and range of motion, and utilize wellness programs to increase longevity.
- DEPENDENTLY LINKED linear motion pedals allow users to self-adjust the stroke length to accommodate their range-of-motion capabilities.
- CLOSED KINETIC CHAIN exercise provides low impact movement with minimal stress on knees, ankles, hips and low back in a comfortable semi-recumbent position.
- QUADRILATERAL EXERCISE PATTERN allows users to distribute the exercise efforts across four limbs. By reducing effort from the involved limb and transferring a greater effort to the uninvolved limbs, they will maintain an elevated heart rate to achieve exercise potential.
- APPLICATIONS INCLUDE orthopedic, sports medicine, neurological, cardiac rehabilitation and senior rehab and wellness training.
ELECTRONIC & SOFTWARE FEATURES
- Unique symmetry program measures and displays power throughout the pedal stroke, biofeedback encourages patients to maintain power between right and left side
- Large, easy-to-read displays: time, speed (steps per minute), step length, step count, watts, calories, METs, heart rate, resistance level, symmetry, and much more
- Isokinetic resistance is an accommodating resistance that is patient-determined throughout the entire range of motion
- Programs include: manual, hill, plateau, interval, facility, HR and symmetry
- Intuitive interface for ease of operation
- Power Train heavy duty, 8 groove poly-v belt for smooth, quiet operation and the foot pedal assembly rides on high-end linear bearings and guides
- Braking Device eddy current brake (quiet, frictionless and maintenance free), small flywheel mass ensures a minimum starting torque providing low inertia
- Power 100–240 volts AC (standard power supply)
- Overall Dimensions 67" x 35" x 48"
- Net Weight 306 lbs.
- Max User Weight 440 lbs.